Dye Sublimation is a process that uses printed transfers whereby the ink is “dyed” into the garment using a special press. The results are amazing all over printed designs which break the boundaries of older and more limiting garment printing techniques. Sublimation is traditionally done with a white polyester t-shirt (100% polyester allows for better colors than a cotton/poly blend) and results in a softer, higher-quality print, particularly for photographic designs.
Some print imperfections cannot be avoided when doing sublimated printing. Most garments will not lay completely flat while sublimating, so you may notice small imperfections/creases with the ink distribution, especially around the armpit + seams — this is unavoidable, as every shirt prints uniquely. However we use a proprietary “super lay-flat” tee which produces results far better than most brands. Our tees typically print so perfect that they are often confused for “cut & sew”. While we strive to maintain this level of perfection, some imperfection may still occur. Here is a visual example of what you can expect:
- Sublimated Shirts are 100% Polyester
- No Shrinkage
- Recommended to wash inside out on cold and air dry
- Occasionally there are minimal imperfections at seams and underarms
- All sales are final unless the shirt contains an error and meets the Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Once a shirt is ordered, it is printed on demand, it cannot be cancelled after the order is placed.
Satisfaction is guaranteed on all shirts, so if you have an issue please email email@example.com as soon as the issue arises. Replacement shirts can only be issued if you email us about your issue within 7 days of receiving your shirt. After 7 days we will assume you received a flawless shirt. Exchanges of garments that “do not fit” are not accepted since a size chart is provided. Furthermore, any emails about print/dye sublimation quality must include clear images of the issue. The following are issues we will do our best to correct with a replacement shirt: stitching imperfections, rips and tears in the garment, extremely noticeable gaps in graphic transfer that leave white space NOT near seam lines or armpits. If we shipped the wrong shirt we will immediately resend the correct shirt. Returns are handled on a case by case basis. In general there are no returns.
Return Process (For Flaws and Mistakes Only):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the nature of the flaw / order error in the shirt you received.
- Send a picture of the issue to determine whether you need to send the shirt back.
- If you are asked to send the shirt back, please follow the return instructions in your email return approval, print the approval and include it in your package.
The polyester shirts used by us for dye sublimation fit slighter larger than most other tees. For a snug or slim fit consider ordering 1 size smaller than normal. Exchanges of garments that “do not fit” are not accepted since a size chart is provided.
See the size chart below:
- I spent 2 years testing different types of polyester and finally settled on a polyester that “feels like cotton” and does not pill excessively even after dozens and dozens of washes.
- I worked with a t-shirt manufacturer to create a blank tee that lays “super flat” and allows maximum coverage of graphics with as few creases as possible in typical problem areas.
- My shirts are branded with the GourmetKickz logo and contain wash instructions to help you keep your shirt looking and feeling amazing.